Chris’ tiny house
Our first tiny build for Chris
Builder : Tiny Footprint Pty Ltd; Victoria
Specifications : 7.2M x 2.4M x 4.1M; 3.5 tonne
The modern and sophisticated layout of ‘The Mayflower’ makes optimal use of the space characterised by ample and proficient storage throughout.
The house enters into a living area complete with a corner couch and generous sized coat cupboard. The storage cabinetry underneath the couch converts into a comfortable double guest bed. The spacious kitchen is finished with stunning wooden bench tops with a bar extension for entertainment, a work from home area, or a craft sewing area. The kitchen features a full sized oven complete with a gas cooktop and rangehood, double sink, three way fridge, open display shelving in addition to the abundance of storage drawers.
Leading off the kitchen is a combined bathroom/laundry which includes a compost toilet, sink, shower, washing machine, clothes storage and fold down bench made from quality recycled timber.
‘The Mayflower’ also features a loft bedroom with enough space to comfortably fit a queen size bed and side board for additional clothes storage. Recycled timber has been used where possible throughout this home.
Additional internal features include:
- Complete insulation throughout
- Exceptional air circulation via a ceiling fan and multiple windows and skylights
- Instantaneous gas hot water
- Enabled for living both on or off grid
- Functional roll out seats with storage
- Pull out coffee table
- Beautifully crafted gas boat heater
External features include
- Roof guttering to a freestanding water tank
- Wall taps
- Lights and power points
- Use of grey water storage and disposal
- tri-axle registered trailer with brakes
- Solid metal base trailer, underfloor insulation is installed so there is no opportunity for dampness
Scope of services by Tiny Footprint : Advice, Design, Build, Decorate, placement and set up.
Timeline : 8 weeks duration of time for build, completed end of October 2017
Planned use : use by owner part time throughout the year, AirBnB when not occupied by owner, house it on a friends large property.
If you wish to know more or view ? email@example.com
Price range of similar size, roof line and quality : AUD100K – AUD130K *note : the pricing takes into consideration the complexity of roof and frame . This design has a more complex – time consuming roof line.